I was simply trying to get thru the semester at the satellite campus and not go crazy teaching pre-collegiate composition.... But then along came a flower, or as I wrote in an email:
Nancy, I know what your name is, but a rose is known by many names. Or should I say a flower? Yes, I know one of your names is flores.
A rose is a rose is a rose, as with any kind of flower. So why is it that Shakey still applies to today? stories like Romeo and Juliet; Othello.... The whole thing about skin color and the villain Iago. The misunderstanding of culture and language, ja. What which others? King Lear with the children arguing about who gets what; sonnets, Henry IV with Hal and Falstaff. More sack sherry!! Then I go to Cervantes with Sancho Panza. So how about a book entitled Falstaff and Sancho. How could I forget Taming of the Shrew... which is really about my step-wife. It failed because I was too nice: you can't be a good Latin husband if you don't beat your wife. Not politically correct but true nonetheless.
So yes: NF by any other name.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment